Fall in Love with the Rosary
St. Thomas invites everyone to come together and work towards a goal of 5,000 Rosaries recited in October.
This past Wednesday, the sun rose and ushered in the crisp days of autumn. Cleansing rains quenched the last blooms and farmland of northern Indiana. Cooler weather also offered relief for many who struggle with the stifling humidity of our summers. The transition into a new season presents an opportunity for each of us, and St. Thomas invites you to fall in love with the Rosary this October. No experience or Rosary beads are necessary. Come as you are, and share your special intentions with God through intercession of the Virgin Mary.
Like the trees, which shed their leaves and store energy each autumn, we also can refocus and prepare for the coming months. The Holy Rosary can aid us all in this task. Catholics and Christians alike can lean into God for the stamina necessary to endure the day to day and the many challenges our nation faces. As always, we can have faith that God will shield us like a warm blanket from the cold and nourish us through Jesus Christ.
A rosary refresher and a recitation as well as a parish potluck feast are planned during October. Our church also will participate in the citywide Rosary rally led by St. Vincent de Paul. St. Thomas invites everyone to come together and work towargoal of 5,000 Rosaries recited.
October Rosary Challenge
October is the month of the rosary. Join your fellow St. Thomas parishioners as we cultivate the habit of prayer and increase our devotion to our Mother Mary. We are challenging all St. Thomas parishioners to say rosaries this month with a parish wide goal of 5000 rosaries!!
Here’s what you do:
· Say rosaries throughout the month—alone, as a family, in adoration, with your friends, at a parish rosary event.
· When you come to church, record your progress by placing one rose in the designated jars for each rosary you said that week.
· Watch as our progress flowers throughout the Gathering Space each week.
· Rosary Challenge Kick Off Event— Sunday, October 3rd after the 10:30a.m. Mass in Elliott Hall. We will provide lunch as we gather together to kick off our challenge with a rosary recitation and fellowship. A short rosary refresher/information session will be held before we begin the recitation.
· City Wide Rosary Rally—Saturday, October 16th, 12:00 noon at the Plaza in downtown Elkhart. Join Catholics from the other 4 Elkhart area parishes for a recitation of the rosary.
· Rosary Challenge Closing Pot Luck— Sunday, October 31st after the 10:30a.m. Mass in Elliott Hall. Celebrate our success!! Bring an item to share with fellow parishioners as we gather to pray the rosary in October one last time as a parish family.
· “English Rosary” app— OUR OWN FR. JASON led rosary with reflections. Download from the Apple App store for free by searching “English Rosary.”
· Hallow App—Bishop Barron and Scott Hahn both have free rosaries and reflections on this app.
· Pamphlets, books, rosaries, and other resources are available in the Gathering Space.