WHAT IS SCRIP FUNDRAISING?
Wouldn’t it be great to raise money for the St. Thomas Parish and School without having to spend extra money? That’s the basic premise of SCRIP fundraising. "SCRIP" is an acronym for "Substitute Cash Redeem In Person".
Here is an overview of how SCRIP works and how you can raise money for the parish and school without spending any extra of your own!
WAYS TO BUY
- Use a check or cash at Sunday Mass. The SCRIP order form is attached below.
- Use a check or cash at the school office Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm.
- Buy from any available retailer online at http://www.shopwithscrip.com using a debit transaction and designate St. Thomas the Apostle School as your beneficiary. Gift cards will be available at school on Fridays or sent home with your student on Friday. Sign up for PrestoPay at shopwithscrip.com to take advantage of this option.
- Buy ecodes for certain retailers using a debit transaction from the above website and receive quicker access to a printable gift certificate. Sign up for PrestoPay at shopwithscrip.com to take advantage of this option.
- Send in payment with the SCRIP order form in white envelope for processing on Friday mornings.
The profit St. Thomas the Apostle School earns is determined by the company offering the card and will vary, ranges between 1.5 percent and 20 percent are typical. Lower profit margins are usually for gas cards and grocery stores. However, these are items that people purchase weekly, which can really add up!
TUITON OR PARISH CREDIT
Half of the profit earned on all SCRIP purchases goes directly to the school to be used for large projects and classroom support.
The other half of the profit can be designated to one of multiple places by filling out a SCRIP Contract. Options include the following:
- Use toward tithing to the Parish.
- Assign to a tuition account. The amount earned is deducted from the family of your choice's tuition bill the following school year.
- Assign to the school financial assistance fund. The Pastor and Principal are able to help families in need of help in meeting their tuition obligations due to financial hardships.
- Designate toward parish initiatives to pay for capital campaigns for improvements to our parish community. Please see your SCRIP coordinators for more information about this option.
- Designate toward school initiatives to pay for capital campaigns for improvements to our school community. Please see your SCRIP coordinators for more information about this option.
- Receive as a cash rebate or donation to the parish or the school.
Your purchase makes a huge difference with any one of these options. Thank you for your continued support of our parish and school community! Together, we can truly make a difference.